Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Spent a couple of days over winter break with the family driving through the mountains between my grandmother's house in Northern Greenville county and Asheville, NC. I ended up shooting several rolls of film -- both 35mm and 120 mm medium format. In an effort to mitigate the cost of getting all the film processed I am dropping them off one at a time. This was my favorite one from a roll of 35mm. I also used a red contrast filter for the first time. It probably would have worked to greater effect had there been a few more clouds in the sky. However, I feel like the way it darkened up the sky helped to convey the harshness of the bitter wind that was blowing rather fierce on that particular day.

I'll role out more as I get more stuff developed.

1 comment:

Ian said...

This almost looks like a scene from a Tim Burton film. Very cool. Can't wait to see the rest of them!